InterFinancial Preparedness Statement regarding COVID-1905.8.2020
Due to the continuing outbreak and spread of the Coronavirus, InterFinancial would like to reassure clients that we have a plan in place should work-places need to be closed or the crisis worsen.
We have asked staff to:
- Stay home if they have respiratory symptoms and/or a temperature or have pre-existing health problems.
- Leave work if they develop these symptoms while at the workplace.
- Shield coughs and sneezes with a tissue, elbow, or shoulder (not the bare hands).
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Practice routine cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs.
- We have provided staff with personal sanitizer.
- Avoid using other employees’ equipment eg phones, desks, offices, or other work tools, when possible.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance from others when possible.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is unwell. Try to stay 1.5 metres away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Non-essential travel outside of Queensland is currently prohibited.
All our employees have the ability to work from home and have been doing that efficiently and effectively since the beginning of March. We have some staff attending work on a rostered basis such that a maximum of 10 are in the office at one time and meeting rooms are closed for meeting other than the Boardroom which has a restricted capacity. In the building:
- There are social distancing marking signs on entry to the building in case there is a line for the lifts.
- Only 3 people allowed per lift car unless you all work in the same office. There are markers showing where to stand in the lifts.
- On entry to our office there is a hygiene station in the foyer which staff and guests can use upon entry.
- The building cleaning team have been conducting additional and deep cleans for several months across site.
- The landlord has provided a tenant pack to advise as to return to work to work policy and procedures for the businesses that have been away and to assist with providing a safe environment for everyone.
In terms of our ability to continue to provide a service if offices are closed and staff are working from home –
- We can provide a full service remotely as we are completely cloud-based and our staff can work from home.
- Staff are comfortable in using online technology for communication. Secure virtual meetings are used for conferencing via Zoom and Teams.
- Cyber security continues to be maintained with staff using work provided laptops with anti-virus and firewall software installed, and 2-step password verification implemented to access our systems.
- Data security audits are performed by our IT support monthly.
- IFL files use encryption techniques on all access routes. All data transmission, including uploads, downloads, and browsing is encrypted using 256-bit AES protocol. Passwords stored locally and in the Cloud are always encrypted, and your data is encrypted while stored in our servers.
- We are also concerned with the health and wellbeing of staff and will periodically undertake a survey to ensure they are doing well.