Rhyll joined InterFinancial in 2017. Prior to that she had a 30 year career in banking and financial services at St.George, Westpac, Suncorp and Bank of Queensland. Most recently she orchestrated a turnaround of Foresters Group, a not-for-profit finance company.
Her value added to clients is through deep finance and financial expertise along with broad experience across governance, risk management, strategy, M&A, digitisation, people and culture.
Over her long career in ASX listed banks, Rhyll filled executive and general management roles in treasury, risk and compliance, marketing, corporate banking, retail banking and group strategy. She played a key role in St George’s considerable growth and achievements as a business bank and extended this expertise to encompass retail banking, increasing performance and profitability, customer satisfaction and employee engagement. As Queensland Managing Director, Rhyll presided over St George’s successful expansion into a challenging new market, building growth and brand awareness across the retail, business and wealth management sectors through all channels. As General Manager of Group Strategy for St George she drove strategic development and as Head of Group Strategy at BOQ, she led the $440 million acquisition of Investec.
Areas of expertise
- Financial services and institutions
- Funds Management
- Not for Profit Sector
- Arts Sector
- Education Sector
Qualifications and professional affiliations
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland
- Master of Applied Finance, Macquarie University
- Executive MBA, INSEAD
- Fellow, Finsia
- Graduate member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Managing Director, Foresters Group
- Non-Executive Director, Innovation & Business Skills Australia
- Non-Executive Director, Expressions Dance Company